The Diriyah E-Prix kicks off the 2019/20 ABB FIA Formula E Championship with a double-header with back to back races on November 22 and 23 at the UNESCO World Heritage site
More teams, more drivers and more action than ever before, set up a mouth-watering weekend of speed at the Diriyah Circuit. Tickets now available at www.diriyahseason.sa
Tickets are now on sale for the most electrifying sports event in the Middle East as the ABB FIA Formula E Championship returns to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Diriyah, on the outskirts of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The 2019 Diriyah E-Prix kicks off the sixth season of the championship in style with a double-header of back to back races on November 22 and 23. Last year saw incredible scenes as a sell-out crowd flocked to the purpose-built ‘Diriyah Circuit’ racetrack, created from the streets of the Diriyah, known as the home of kings and heroes.
This year sees new rules from the FIA (Federation Internationale de l’Automobile) designed to make the racing even more compelling on the track, as thousands of fans flock to the event. This year sees the debut of teams from Porsche and Mercedes-Benz in Formula E, taking the line up to 12 teams. The thrilling ATTACK MODE and FANBOOST will return to inject more tension and excitement into the racing.
The weekend not only launches the championship but also kicks off Diriyah Season, which was announced recently as a month-long festival of top-class sporting action, global entertainment and cultural activities, all happening at the stunning historic location.
At the glittering season launch event, TAG Heuer Porsche Formula E driver Andre Lotterer said: “It is so exciting to be returning to Saudi Arabia and to the Diriyah Circuit. Last year I finished just outside of the podium in fifth, this year it will be exciting, and I will be pushing for success, especially as part of Porsche’s debut in Formula E. Their participation shows how this exciting sport is growing year on year.”
And motorsport legend, Felipe Masse, Formula E driver with team Venturi Racing, said: “The Diriyah Circuit is such a special track, it is a challenging one too as a driver, which makes for an exciting race for the spectators. I can’t wait to get back behind the wheel and racing.”
The Diriyah Season official launch follows the recent introduction of tourist visas for residents of 49 countries. The stellar lineup, in addition to Formula E, includes:
- Clash On The Dunes – the first-ever World Heavyweight Title fight in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, on the 7th of December 2019. The current unified world heavyweight champion holding the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO titles Andy ‘The Destroyer’ Ruiz Jr, and Anthony ‘AJ’ Joshua, the 2012 Olympics gold medalist, go head – to – head in a revenge clash of epic proportions.
- The Diriyah Tennis Cup, the first professional tennis tournament ever to be staged in Saudi Arabia from December 12 to 14. Through a knockout tournament, on the Diriyah Arena, with the coveted Diriyah Tennis Cup at stake, watch as three-time grand slam winner Stan Wawrinka of Switzerland battles it out with Russia’s Daniil Medvedev, Belgium’s David Goffin and Italy’s Fabio Fogini. Four more competitors to be announced later.
- The Diriyah Equestrian Festival 2019 (DEF) which will see the world’s best equestrian athletes compete in two weekends of elite sportsmanship, on 12th, 13th and 14th December and 19th, 20th and 21st Contestants from Saudi Arabia and the world will compete as they collect points to qualify to Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
Around all these sporting jewels will be wrapped an iconic season of concerts, cultural festivities, food and retail experiences, and a stunning ‘Diriyah Oasis’, all hosted in Diriyah, the historic city which was transformed by the Diriyah Gate Development Authority (DGDA) into a world-class venue for sports and entertainment while preserving its cherished past.
The exciting line-up will be revealed soon but music fans should reserve November 22,23, December 6 and December 13 and 14 in their diaries.
Once again, the Bujairi district of Diriyah will be home to elegant fashion and retail, and the finest dining Saudi Arabia has to offer. And the DGDA will be staging tours of the fascinating and beautiful At-Turaif district, a UNESCO World Heritage site that stands as a symbol of Saudi’s rich history.
And, this year Diriyah Season will introduce Diriyah Oasis, a cultural and entertainment district that pays tribute to Diriyah’s historical importance, being the birthplace of the KSA, and reflects the rich heritage, unique architecture and affluent resources of Saudi Arabia and the region.
- Tickets for both exhilarating days are now on sale at diriyahseason.sa. Tickets available start from SAR450 for single day Grandstand tickets, including grandstand seating with a view of all the action, access to the dedicated fan zone, the Allianz E-Village and off-track entertainment, and access to the post-race concert on the day featuring an international superstar. Two-day tickets are price at SAR800, representing a saving of SAR100.
- Premium hospitality starts from SAR2,500 for a single day package including valet parking, luxury indoor and outdoor lounges overlooking the Formula E track, complimentary tours of the stunning UNESCO World Heritage site of At-Turaif, VIP dining and golden circle to the post-race concert. Two-day packages are priced at SAR4,000.
- And, the Boss Emotion Club returns with two-day packages only featuring VIP drop-off areas, exquisite fine dining in an incredible track-side location, exclusive pitlane walks, garage tours and driver access, plus the best access into the post-race concerts and a VIP viewing platform, priced at SAR15,000.
His Royal Highness Prince Abdulaziz Bin Turki AlFaisal Al Saud, Chairman of the GSA, said: “Thanks to the launch recently of tourism visas we’re ready to welcome even more international visitors to the Diriyah Circuit, and create another unforgettable moment for our people. As part of the Diriyah Season, Formula E will begin an incredible celebration of sports in the Kingdom across the month.”
His Royal Highness Prince Khalid bin Sultan Al Faisal Al Saud, President of the Saudi Arabian Motor Federation, said: “Last year the Diriyah Circuit proved itself as a world-class venue for thrilling motorsport. This year it will fire up Saudi Arabia’s passion for motorsports again and we are excited to welcome Formula E back.”
Carlo Boutagy, CEO CBX, Promoter of E-Prix in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, said: “The 2019 race will build on the success of last year and deliver an action-packed weekend filled with thrilling racing and world-class entertainment for the fans. We are truly delighted and honored to kick start the 2019/2020 ABB FIA Formula E Championship”.
Tickets for all of Diriyah Season’s spectacular events and entertainment will be available online at www.diriyahseason.sa with Formula E Tickets on sale now, Clash On the Dunes tickets on October 13, and Diriyah Tennis Cup on October 26. Tickets for other events as well as season long tickets will be announced soon. Follow Diriyah Season’s news and announcements on the official social media pages on twitter and Instagram @diriyahseason.Email This Post