- In Advance of the Final Season of Game of Thrones, Fans Will Be Able to Take a Trip to Westeros and Live Their Ultimate Fandom Fantasies
The countdown to Game of Thrones’ eighth season premiere is on, and Replay Lincoln Park, 2833 N. Sheffield, Chicago’s favorite arcade bar, has announced it will extend its most ambitious transformation to date, a Game of Thrones pop-up experience for fans to enjoy in advance of the final season. Admission to the pop up is free, but guests may purchase a VIP Bucketlist Experience, which includes a glass of Ommegang Witte, Ommegang King in the North or Queen of the Seven Kingdoms or $10 towards a beverage of choice, a commemorative print, a commemorative t-shirt and express entry to the bar for $30.
Filled with charismatic-but-flawed warriors, ruthless monarchs, and a whole bunch of wonderful, likable, good-hearted characters that are sure to be killed off in heartbreaking fashion, Replay has been transformed into the seven kingdoms of Westeros, providing guests a variety of photo opportunities. Fans can explore Winterfell, Casterly Rock, Highgarden and other houses, take pictures with Dire Wolves, a Dragon-Slaying Ballista and more, in addition to the original Throne Room, the Wall of Faces, White Walkers and majestic dragons.
With the pop-up extension, Replay is hosting a variety of Game of Thrones events, including:
- Game of Thrones Trivia: 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Sunday, March 17.
- “For the Throne” Ommegang beer release: Ommegang is hosting an official beer release and raffling off prizes at 8 p.m. Thursday, March 28.
- Cosplay Karaoke: For the duration of the pop up, guests are invited to show up in cosplay, sing a song, and get a t-shirt. Karaoke kicks off Wednesday, March 20.
- Crimson Wedding Feast: Guests are invited to experience a Crimson Wedding Feast, featuring bottomless Ommegang beers, Dornish wine and cider from 7 – 9 p.m. Sunday, March 31. Tickets to participate are $60 and may be purchased here.
- The Wight Walk 5k: On Saturday, April 6 at 11:30 a.m., Replay will host a 5k race from Oak Street Beach to Replay Lincoln Park. Guests are invited to choose between being on team Zombie or Human, receive a t-shirt, a free beer, and some protein packed dragon jerky upon their arrival at the pop-up. Tickets to participate can be purchased for $25 here.
- Game of Thrones Bingo: Cersei will host a free, themed Bingo at 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 3. Guests can enjoy themed prizes, challenges, and Game of Thrones swag.
- A Thong of Ice and Fire Remount: With a new cast and several new Game of Thrones-themed performances, Replay is hosting its second Burlesque show at 8 p.m. Thursday, April 11.
- Finale Preshow Party!: Guests are invited to join Replay on Sunday, April 14 to toast the new season and petition George R. R. Martin to complete the book he’s been working on for literally eight years in the only language he understands – a screed hand-written on a gigantic scroll! Replay artists have handcrafted a wonderful petition that guests can sign before it is strapped to a flock of ravens and dropped in Martin’s P.O. box.
Specialty cocktails, including a “Dothaquiri” and mead on tap are available throughout the pop-up, and the bar is also collaborating with Ommegang Brewery, offering limited quantities of their exclusive King in the North (barrel aged stout), Queen of Seven Kingdoms (sour blond ale), Hand of the Queen (barleywine) and Mother of Dragons (smoked porter blended with cherry kriek).
Replay Lincoln Park’s Pop Up Squad, a group of artists that create the concept, décor and artistic elements of Replay’s popular pop-ups, is behind the design for the Game of Thrones pop-up. The team for the pop-up includes Jeremy Steffen, Raquel Hung, Luis Colindres, Tom Molloy, Tristan Young and Adam Michaels with the help of special guest artists Hokulani Cabebe, Bryn Gleason, Olivia Love and Justin Jezewski.
Replay offers guests over 60 free vintage arcade games, including pinball, air hockey and more. They also have skeeball and billiards. With no cover or tokens needed, Replay invites guests for great fun 5 p.m. – 2 a.m. Monday – Thursday, Friday 3 p.m. – 2 a.m., 12 p.m. – 3 a.m. Saturday, and 12 p.m. – 2 a.m. Sunday.Email This Post