Chia seeds are one of the healthiest foods on the planet. They are rich in nutrients that are beneficial for both, your body and your brain.
India Gate has recently expanded their healthy food products portfolio with the launch of India Gate Chia Seeds. Chia seeds are the ultimate super food containing protein, fiber minerals such as phosphorus and potassium, and also trace elements such as manganese and selenium.
Wholesome and easy to prepare, they’re a very versatile ingredient that can be easily added to recipes
Here are the top 4 benefits of this powerhouse of energy and nourishment from India Gate.
- Improves Heart Health
Chia seeds’ are high in healthy fats and contain Omega-3 that helps regulate cholesterol and lower blood pressure. This is essential and particularly beneficial for heart health
- Promotes Digestive Health
Chia is super-high in fiber, and provides the recommended fiber intake for the day with just one serving, thus making you feel full for longer. Adequate levels of fiber in your diet helps in better digestion, reduces the risk of heart disease, and controls blood sugar.
- Stronger Bones
Chia seeds are high vitamins and minerals such as calcium, proteins and magnesium etc. All of these nutrients are essential in providing bones with the required nutrition
- Promotes Skin Complexion
Chia seeds are loaded with high-antioxidants. Antioxidants accelerate the skin’s repair systems thus preventing skin damage and premature skin aging. Anti-oxidants also help fight the production of free radicals that contribute to diseases such as cancer.
Here is a recipe for Banana Cake from India Gate Chia Seeds:
Banana Cake with India Gate Chia Seeds
Preparation Time: 20mins
Cooking Time: 30mins
Serves: 4 people
- 1 tablespoon India Gate Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup Walnuts chopped
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Mix the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt and India Gate Chia Seeds.
- In a separate bowl, cream together coconut oil (not melted) and honey with a hand mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing.
- Add in mashed banana, vanilla extract and coconut milk
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour wet ingredients in with dry ingredients and mix together with hand mixer to form batter.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper, covering two sides and leave some parchment paper so you have a handle to pull cake out.
- Pour the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Spread walnuts as toppings
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set the pan on a wire rack and allow it to cool.